Friday, July 7, 2017

#blameCurtis

This was a gift, but also, I suspect, a bribe. Curtis has been trying to convince me to make a small scale saddle for a long time. I think he hoped that having a horse and bridle on hand would nudge me in that direction.
He was right.
This saddle didn't come easy. I struggled with the pattern and had to re-cut the flaps three separate times before I got it right.
Now that it's done, however, I really like it.  
There's only one problem... It's a little too big for Curtis' warmblood!
I guess he'll have to wait a little longer to get his BCS saddle. I'm sure someone at Breyerfest will be happy to buy this one!

7 comments:

  1. I just love seeing your mini tack! It's really inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite of your saddles even though it's bitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's on my list. It will happen. Eventually.

      Delete
  4. There are CollectAs slightly bigger than your Hanoverian. For instance, the Knabstrupper, the Andalusian stallion, the TWH, the Mustang mare...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd venture to say that it's not that your saddle is too big - the model's back is too short! I've seen a customized version of the same model, in which the artist has sliced the model in two in cross-section and added a few "inches" so to speak to its length, making it much better proportioned. There seems to have been a small epidemic of very short backed models over the past few years; in particular, Oberon and Scarlet, and others whose model names I can't bring to mind. Why? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The model's back is really short, but even so, the saddle is still too big. Fortunately, it looks fine on my Pebbles Arab. And, as Sue points out, there are bigger CollectAs. I'm sure someone will find a horse to fit it!

      Delete