Monday, October 29, 2012

Poodle horses

Halloween horse costumes are always a popular topic in October, so it's no surprise that this picture of a "poodle horse" has been forwarded to my email inbox and featured on my Facebook feed at least a dozen times this month.
It's a cute costume, but it's hardly the first of its kind.  I've featured poodle horses on this blog as early as 2008...  
and as recently as this past March
A quick Google search turned up a whole host of other poodle horses... 
Photo by Michael Killingback/Anderson Valley Post
and ponies. 
Photo by Christina Wilsdon
They're all cute, but I think this one is my favorite.  SO cute! 
Photo by Christina Wilsdon
Of course, an idea this good works both ways.  Here's a pictures of a poodle posing as a horse! 
Photo by Ron Netherland/Barcroft Media
I have yet to see a model sized poodle horse, but it's only a matter of time.  This would be such an easy costume to make--someone needs to do it!

10 comments:

  1. What a cool setup that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! At first glance, that poodle actually fooled me!

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think I might just try to make a poodle costume for my new model this weekend wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little guy with pink ears is named Champ...and he'd be very pleased to know he's voted Most Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is what I think of when I see costume class!! Sadly, the times you see hobbiest try to do stuff like this it never shows well against the more "realistic" stuff. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!! There a fancy dress class at my next show - I was completely stuck for ideas until I saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can i have any ideas how to make one for my welsh cob? tried all ready with elastic and an old towel for the head and ears but he kept on shaking them off any ideas on how to stop that from happening again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so badly for all of those horses. Being changed into something the are not against there will is not right. Who ever disrespects a horse like this is a person with a serious problem.


    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep Calm and Love Horses!
    Keep Calm and Canter!
    Keep Calm and Gallop on!

    ReplyDelete